Join us for the once-a-year opportunity to experience the ChevroletDetroit Grand Prix course just like the race car drivers do. Runners & walkers will start from the Official Detroit Grand Prix starting line and experience turns 4-13 before crossing under the checkered flag in the shadow of the Cars.com Grandstand 1.
The Grand Prix 5000 is flat, fast, wide and flawlessly smooth; perfect for a new Personal Best. Participants will start at the Official Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix starting line in view of the downtown Detroit skyline. This completely closed course is engineered specifically for speed for some of the fastest machines on earth, and now you get to get on the same course to run your fastest 5K!
Schedule of Events
- 7:40 am Packet Pick Up closes
- 7:45 Last shuttle to start line leaves
- 8:00 am Kid’s Race Start
- 8:10 am 5K Race Start
- 8:45 Awards
- 9:20 Course Closes *average 23 minutes per mile
*Participants will enter the course at Turn 6 on the south side of the island, overlooking Windsor.
** Please note: Price does not include park entrance fee. If you do not have a State Park Recreation Passport please remember to bring money to pay for entrance into the park.)
- Custom Finishers Medal. The 2019 medal will be a part of the Trivium Mega Medal Series in 2019! All six medals will magnetically connect together to make one giant medal! Check out the images below!
- A second custom finishers medallion to commemorate the 100 year anniversary of the State Parks. This race is part of the Michigan State Park Centennial Race Series in 2019 and 2020! That means you get two medals for this awesome race!
- Fully custom fully sublimated racer singlet shirt! We will be unveiling these awesome shirts in late February so keep your eyes peeled!
- Kids Race participants will receive a Checkered Flag Cape and a kid’s-sized pair of Grand Prix 5000 sunglasses
- Post race food & drink
- Chronotrack Chip Timing and Race Joy athlete tracking
- Staffed Gear Check
- Discount code for Detroit Grand Prix Tickets
- Top the three overall men & women will receive unique Grand Prix 5000 themed awards in the 5K as well as cash prizes
- $100 1st
- $75 2nd
- $50 3rd
- The top 3 men and women within their age groups will also receive awards: Age Groups – U12, 12-15, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29,30-34, 35-39,40 -44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59,60 – 64 65-69, 70+
The kid’s race is an untimed, quarter-mile run that finishes at the official Chevrolet Grand Prix Start/ Finish line. Our little racers get a special race cape and pair of Grand Prix 5000 sunglasses so they can be just as cool as the big kids.
Parents are welcome to join their little ones during the kid’s race.
Parking will be along The Strand adjacent to Turn 6. Once parked, participants will enter the course at Turn 6 on the south side of the island, overlooking Windsor. It is approximately a 3/4 mile walk from the entrance at Turn 6 to the Start line. You’re welcome to use the walk as a warm up or hop on one of our shuttles. The last shuttle will leave the parking area at 7:45am.
Carpooling makes you awesome; you want to be awesome don’t you?
In 2014 Belle Isle became a State Park and a Recreation Passport is required for entry onto the island. The Michigan DNR website has information on obtaining a Recreation Passport.
Packet Pick Up
Early Packet Pick up – Save time and stress on race day by picking up early!
441 W. Canfield
Detroit, MI 48201
RUNdetroit Parking Map
Friday May 24th 2019 4pm-7pm
Saturday May 25th 2019 1pm-5:30pm
Day-Of Packet Pick Up
- Turn 6 of Grand Prix track entrance. 2 Inselruhe Ave, Belle Isle, Detroit
Sunday May 26th 6:30am-7:40am.
**Packet Pick Up closes at 7:40, no exceptions. We need to ensure participants have enough time to make their way to the starting line and clear the course before the start**
First 50 participants $35
Through May 1st $40
Through Race Day $45
*Sign up for our economy package and race on the cheap. $30 through May 1st and $35 through Race Day will get you the same great course, awards and race day food. Athletes who sign up for economy will not receive a finishers medal or singlet.
Can’t make it to the race, but still want to collect your medal for the Trivium Southeast Michigan Mega Medal? Race virtually for $25! We’ll send you a race shirt and medal after the race. Register here.